Filmmakers: Win cash and support from Freep Film Festival, Hell’s Half Mile, and Seed&Spark. This triumvirate will help four filmmakers, two narrative and two documentary filmmakers from the Great Lakes area pitch their projects in front of a live festival audience. Chosen filmmakers will receive financial support, feedback, and more for their film’s crowdfunding campaign.
Capitalize on the excitement of film festivals. By converting festival-going fans into contributors, as part of the Crowdfunding Rally participating filmmakers will attend a live pitch event at the 15th Hell’s Half Mile Film & Music Festival in Bay City (for narrative filmmakers) and at the 8th Freep Film Festival in Detroit (for documentary filmmakers). This is the 6th such Crowdfunding Rally.
The Crowdfunding Rally has helped raise over $50,000 for participating projects!
The program is designed for Great Lakes-area filmmakers (Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, plus Ontario) and primarily producing their films in those areas. Four filmmakers will be chosen to participate – two with narrative projects, two with documentaries. The festival partners are sharing an entry portal, but generally, the documentary filmmakers will engage with Freep Film Festival and the narratives with Hell’s Half Mile.
Filmmakers who are ready to start a new campaign with Seed&Spark or bolster a crowdfunding effort that is already underway will be asked to set up a campaign on Seed&Spark’s online crowdfunding platform. It will be used to collect the contributions that come the filmmaker’s way.
Freep Film Festival will host the live rally for the doc filmmakers, and also deliver their benefits. Hell’s Half Mile will handle those details for the narrative filmmakers.
The winners will receive:
- Promotion of their film’s campaign through the festival websites and social media
- Coaching from Seed&Spark on how to set up your film’s campaign for success
- Coaching from Seed&Spark and the festivals in advance of the live crowdfunding rally
- A Freep Film Festival 2021 pass for the doc filmmakers, and likewise at Hell’s Half Mile for the narrative entrants
- A $200 Freep Film Festival contribution to the Seed&Spark campaign for the doc filmmakers, and likewise at Hell’s Half Mile for the narrative entrants
- If the campaign reaches 500 followers, Seed&Spark will provide its Filmmaker Rewards package, valued up to $9,000 in products and services